X


So, I have landed on the most dreadful letter in the alphabet, The ‘X’.
Now l searched around the internet to get a word with X as I usually like to start my blog with the alphabet rather than using it in a sentence. So I went for in-depth research for a word that I can use. I wanted a word that falls in line with my theme and also with my style of blogging. I even consulted some of my amazing friends to help me see light at the end of this dark tunnel.
But, we all landed up with one theory…we have words with X, but they may not be suitable with the series of blogs I am penning down. So after all the efforts, I decided to put my take on the letter X.

Now, I found the various meaning of it as in:
  • Using X or EX is the way to talk about your past relationship, the way to acknowledge that that phase has passed. We may or may not be over it, but for sure it is gone to not return.
  • Then I came across a totally opposite way of using the letter; as in “XOXO” a coded way to show your love and shower hugs and kisses on the person reading it. It made the conversation nice and warm, totally engulfing you in that movement.
  • Next came the usage of ‘X’ as a symbol with significance. It was used to mark an area, used in ballot papers to cast vote, used as a point of the start or a point of aim, etc. In short, is turned into a symbol of raising your voice or spreading awareness. In all, it represented people and their thoughts.
  • The other 'X' made entry through my education where it represented a digit symbolizing ten in Roman numeral or became an X in mathematics equation or axis on the graph. It never left me as it was the key to complete the equation or a way to convert the problem in simple terms. My education was surrounded by ‘X’s’.
  • As a professional, our example was a way to make others understand our way of
    thoughts, so X came into play…where we said XYZ instead of taking the name. It was the best way of inclusion; a trait that is difficult for humankind to process even today. It showed that no matter who you are, certain things work the same way for all humans.

My thoughts went on a journey to seek how my life has been impacted by a letter so ignored in our daily vocabulary; yet playing a major role in all aspects of our life.

Then I realize, every one of us has a special place and a part to play in the bigger scheme of the universe; we might think that we are not important or we are ignored over a period of time or simply we do not exists in the race of life. But, slow down and think in all the small ways you have changed someone’s life; the way you have affected by just being you or simply put the impact your so-called worthless self has on those for whom you are worthy. Then you will realize that without an X…..all the alphabet is empty.


“You have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” Louise L. Hay

Comments

  1. Nice list of "X". X is X.
    This penultimate letter doesn't have many choice of words, yet has some really cool ones. I like X'Mas.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday My Dear Friend