United we stand and divide we fall


‘United we stand and divide we fall’; over the years, I have heard this expression being applied a lot.
I was introduced to it when I was in school and we were taking part in a sports event, later in college, someone stood up to make a speech for student body president and hence; used the phrase. They served me this phrase while at work; where my manager motivated our groups on deadlines; with it.
To be honest, every time I have used the phrase it inspired me; but still, the extent of it never echoed with my thoughts and being. It was practically like hollow words which just lingered for a while in mind and never owned a bigger place in my daily life.
As I moved on with life; this phrase resurfaced with more strength and occupied an enormous part of my thoughts, perceptions, and actions.
It was the time when Covid-19 sneaked in the countries and nations dropped like a stack of dominos. Lives were affected and stories became more heartbreaking and everything just seemed very fragile.
Today of all the phrases we learn this is the most substantial one. We are not speaking about political differences anymore; nor discussing the latest fashion trends or observing the stories of our favorite celebrities around us. We are all inside our homes; not with the apprehension of our next big project at the office or the significant event in our family or sweating on our grades or creating our social media feeds more attractive.
We are all inside our homes because we are sacrificing our freedom for the universal good. We are in lockdown and making good out of limited things because we want a future for all. Above all, we are doing this for showing our solidarity with the community.
Today we are in this together and the only way to come out of it victorious is if we all stand UNITED. We can fight it; only if everybody plays a part to preserve our society. The life of others is connected with our actions today. Now the earth rests on the shoulders of our unity.

Today I realize the gravity of the phrase “United we stand and divided we fall”

Remember 
"Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is a success."Henry Ford


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday My Dear Friend