You Will Be Missed


I woke up today and was working on my blog I was about to post when suddenly I heard the news of Irrfan Khan’s untimely demise.

I was shocked at the news as I let out a prayer for his family’s strength during these trying times.
I scratched my draft, and I decided to put my words across to pay my condolences to him.
Some quick memories flashed by my eyes when I recalled how in my family a movie was considered amazing if it starred Irrfan sir.
I recalled the discussion we used to have on the range of his emotions and how he made every character he played alive. He was the one person who even made the advertisement he featured a must-watch.
When I went on to my feeds I was amazed to hear beautiful experiences people have had with him; all praising his warm nature and his humble behavior.
The other thing that was striking was that everyone barring age, gender, caste, class, or ideology all were deeply saddened. He proved that art and honesty can truly break all barriers. He was fluid enough to be a part of everyone’s life.
I still remember that I rarely watched celebrity interviews, but watched him whenever he was interviewed. Of all his interviews one was that I vividly remember is when he was asked about his role in Jurassic World and he smiled and replied that he had no money to watch the first Jurassic Park and he was grateful to be acting in one. As much as he downplayed it the thought remained with me. I still look up to his level of hard work and his sincerity to the craft.
                                                                                   






It has been a traumatizing year, yet while we mourn a legend let me just put forth what I have taken from is a short yet full-filling journey:
  • Never stop believing in yourself. Talent takes you to greater heights and nothing can replace it.   
  • Life is filled with curveballs, but to be accepting it is the only way to survive in this world Kindness is the language that breaks all barriers.
  •  No matter what a good and humble human being always stands out in the crowd. 
  •  Never forget your roots. The roots nourish you and make you what you are; never ever deny or forget them. 
  • Dreams are great, but your passion to never give up while achieving them is what makes it exceptional.    
  • Your character is judged by how you treat others around. Be a person you would like to meet yourself. Live and breathe your passion; make it a part of you. Then and only then it will touch the hearts you want to inspire. 
  • Connection with God differs from the religion you follow. You need to find that connection and believe in it. 
  • Being emotional is never a weakness, it shows that you are a human.
  • I would say, that no matter the time he spent on earth, he made all the moments worth it. So live every moment of your journey. You never know when it halts.


I am not coherent today with the train of thoughts I have. Also, my writing can never be able to express the common loss we all are feeling at this moment. But, with a little gesture of my own, I thank Irrfan Sir; for endowing us with his brilliant art. You are and you always will be irreplaceable and down the memory hill when we will talk about cinema we surely will talk about the one who was loved, adored and mourned by all.
Praying that you found solace wherever you are and sending across strength to your family to bear this loss.

This dialogue from film Anand, instantly came to mind when I heard the news. This sums up the life Irrfan Sir had:
Zindagi Badi Honi Chahiye, Lambi Nahi Babu Moshai.’

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday My Dear Friend