Raise your voice against the hand



Why do I shy, when I have to cry?
Why do I fear; when people are near?
Why am I trembling; when I see the one I love?
Why is there no respites; only tears
I have longed for happiness for a while;
I have learned to steal smiles at times
The darkness has been profound;
But my heart always got some respite
When he went out; in a few hours I lived my life
Then came the pandemic; which tore me apart
Virus or beating my fate was written in dark
I cried and shouted all in vain
His frustrations were all to blame.
Don’t get me wrong he loved me too,
When he kissed my eyes he bruised.
Now I am not sure will I survive?
But, I know for sure I don’t want to live this life.




With the lockdown, we all might be happy to be safe at our respective homes but for some, it is the nightmare each day.
The cases of domestic violence have risen since the lockdown and abuses against children are on the rise too. The dilemma for the abused is weather to save themselves from COVID-19 or the abuse.
The only way is to ask them or help them to raise their voices and inform. Please be aware of your surroundings and help those in need. You never know when a single act of you can save a life.
Please stand up and ‘Raise your voice against the hand’.
Feel free to comment on any resources that are available out there for help.

“You are not the darkness you endured. You are the light that refused to surrender.” ― John Mark Green

Comments

  1. Hope no one has to live such a life :(
    Never surrender your light.
    - Anita

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday My Dear Friend