Life Happened

When I first opened my eyes, the world was full of opportunities 
Then I grew up…. as life happened
When I first took my step, learned to stand
I fell more… as life happened
When I threw tantrums, they pampered me
Now, I am doing the same…. as life happened
I learned my ABC’s and read them out loud
Now words became cautious…. as life happened
When the time was endless and our talks never ended
It turned to hmm and okay… as life happened
When we eat our heart out and food brought happiness
Now food is mere calories…. as life happened
When 2 Rs. made us feel like royalty as we splurge on it
Now we slog each day and still never have enough…. as life happened
When crushes were fun as we made fun of each other

With every heartbreak; we became emptier… as life happened
When walking was fun and roads never ended 
We now are stuck… as life happened
Growing up was always the aim, and it seemed fun
Craving to be a child again… as life happened 
Surrounded by sadness as future seemed pale
Fear lost and Happiness prevailed as life happened.





As we grow up and life passes, we change and grow into becoming more experienced; but nowhere is it written that we can’t keep our joy and innocence intact. Life happens, but the choice to find happiness in small things lies upon us. Cherish the moments as they pass by; because one day they will turn into glorious memories and a ray of sunshine in your life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday My Dear Friend