Just Like that

I was happy, elated in my bubble when I met him. A tall, handsome and charming person. One of the rare ones with a smile, kind heart, sense of humor and modesty.
It was my first day in college when he passed by. Never knew what ‘weak in knees’ meant; until that moment. It must be what love at first sight meant.
Wow; this encounter was helping me understand my bookish knowledge in true sense.
I was lost all day; amused at myself. I was giggling like a small kid, with spring in my feet.
Then I learned the meaning of my heart skipped a beat…..when he came to me and said ‘Hi’ and I ran without saying a word.
In my entire life, I have never encountered a voice as mesmerizing as his.
I knew I was in trouble and a deep one.
When I went home I locked myself up…talking and shouting at myself for being a fool. I was disappointed in the way I behaved today.
Blaming idiot movies for making me so dramatic; I looked in the mirror.
I knew I will have these feelings someday because I was sure about myself; in spite of what everyone said around me. I thought I was worth loving and I was surely falling in deep with this one.
Suddenly, a small voice in my head said; “what if he is not into you? What if he is not the one?”
Just like that, I realized that being different is makes your survival more difficult.
And just like that, with tears rolling down my eyes; I opened my diary and wrote; the one that I didn’t pursue because of fear, with his name in bold.
I went to sleep with all the thoughts still fresh in my mind
That night I dreamt of a world where acceptance was easy, a world where confession of your sexuality was not a taboo; where you are not beaten, tortured and cursed for being different and a world where ‘Love was love’.



P.S.: I have known people in the closet and once who make an effort to come out of it. Through my writing I am just portraying that love is the same for all, feelings are human nature and have nothing to do with sexuality. My intentions are pure and I hope that we live in a society where everyone is truly ‘free’


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday My Dear Friend