Keep Calm and Carry on

So today as we all know the Lockdown was extended. So we all are in this for a long haul.
We were all prepared for this, but somewhere in the back of our mind we were hoping this all to be a dream and we were about to wake up in a normal world.

It is the need of the hour and I wholeheartedly agree to stay at home. But, things are going to change this time. As much as we love our family and are relaxing at home. It is slowly and steadily make an impact on us.

Slowly we are now getting tired of the mundane routines; despite learning, reading cooking and having fun with our family. The craving for meeting people, walking on the road, moving around without fear and doing as we please is getting stronger.
During this time, I have realized how many things I take for granted…like being in a park, watching a movie, ability to hang out with friends and simply enjoy life without the fear of something dreadful.

Some people have been in such situations for far too long, but; being new to it has actually made me value the small things in my life more.
Some people are still staying positive and are capable of being optimistic. But; I, on the other hand, am disturbed.

Disturbed not because of the lockdown, disturbed because of the unknown. I feel blessed to at least have a life where I have a safe home, a beautiful family, food to eat, water to drink and gadgets to keep me busy. What breaks my heart is the question; “How people who are not as blessed are surviving out there?”

The thought of extension is making me feel sadder for those who have no means to survive for such a long period. I am scared as the situation is getting severe and I am afraid of the unknowns.
I fear we will lose more people to hunger than to this virus
Life, as we know, is now becoming more fragile and the fear is making it more delicate.

With all the feelings inside me; what is keeping me sane is being calm.

  •   The only way to make it better help as much as possible
  • To keep looking for opportunities to make the struggle for others less and
  •  To live each day with a smile and the satisfaction that you might not be doing much, but it is sufficient enough to make someone better. 


 You can help in many ways:
  • Do the research and donate.
  •  Volunteer if possible  but prefer staying at home
  •  Create content to make people around you happy
  •  Listen and talk
  • Write about it and help people cope up
  •   Or Simply Pray


Every effort no matter how big or small is a blessing for someone who has lost hope. 

These are difficult times and we all are new in this, but the best way is to be there for each other. Be available to those who need you, be kind to one another and believe that this too shall pass.

This is the time to tame your nerves and carry on….in the hope of a better and beautiful new world.

And Remember:
"Things don't go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter and give up. They happen to break you down and build you up so you can be all that you were intended to be." --Samuel Johnson



So do share, how you are coping up in these times and let’s spread a cheer that can help to make someone’s day a bit better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday My Dear Friend