Welcome My friend....2024

 

Goodbye 2023…Is it me or with the passing years I have felt that people have started disliking a year and December is like a respite to many for bringing it to an end. Maybe with growing up life is stuck in the mundane and we are all craving for big happiness while underappreciating the small little pleasures of life. In the constant run of life, we are just looking forward to hustle, achieve something or to just compare our growth with others. We are constantly running behind an imaginary time line which we have created for ourselves and every small deviation brings sadness, anxiety and felling of inferiority in one self.

But I will not be talking about how the year has been. I am here to put forth what 2023 brought with itself and I would love to carry that forward to 2024.


Well to begin with this year taught me how to live life happily alone…in the beginning of the year I like an amateur never understood or was deliberately in denial about the difference between being lonely and being alone. 2023 being a good teacher very clearly taught me the difference between the two and the moment of realization was amazing. This year I went to a concert alone…I was sad and felt like I am so lonely in this big world…but believe you me I went in lonely but I came out happy being alone…I enjoyed my own company for the first time and this year every time I forgot the importance of it, I was taught in one way or the other. So, I have learnt that you might have amazing support system, but the only way to survive is to appreciate your own company. I learnt to love myself a tad bit more, compliment myself and started treating myself with compassion and respect.

Then over the course of the year I started learning the art of letting go of my expectations and to not run behind a particular set scenario in life. 2023 amazed me with many people who loved and respected me beyond my thoughts, I had the best birthday of my life, thanks to all the amazing people in my life. This year truly taught me to not expect and just to accept everything in life with pure intentions of receiving and appreciating….this lesson has made me more peaceful and truly happy. I am more grateful each day for everything I receive and I will carry this thought and strengthen it in the coming year.

This year also thought me to value myself, to let go of people and memories that don’t serve you and be the person you want to be. Oh 2023 you taught me this lesson the hardest way possible and believe me I cursed you with every tear I shed this year. Believe me you were a very strict trainer, but after loads of tears, dilemmas and stupidity….I woke up with clarity, the clarity to be me, strength to let go and the ability to be guilt free. Thanks for that.

Last but not the least 2023 taught me to go an extra mile to do what I love without just thinking, this led me to run my first marathon, see ganesh visarjan in Mumbai, get the last-minute tickets to a beautiful musical, met both my best buddies after so many years(the highlight of my 2023), see Lucky Ali and Backstreet Boys perform, learn few new skills and above all have the strength to just go for it.

2023 you taught me a lot; in fact, I was able to fulfill what I promised at the beginning of the year making it a year of achievement. I have won some and believe me lost a lot too during this journey, but you showed me my strengths which I will be always grateful for.

2024, I welcome you with open arms, heart full of gratitude and ready to grow and learn some more. Be a good teacher and I promise to be an exceptional student. Looking forward to learning and unlearning some more this year and to just go with the flow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday My Dear Friend