New year ₦€₩(better) me!?

 So, at the strike of 12 midnight; 31st December 2022 the new year i.e., 2023 started and as per usual traditions; with new hope and enthusiasm I took up a task of revamping my old self. I decided to jot down 3 resolutions I am hell bound to follow and fulfill this year. Why three, you ask….Well, first of all my track record has not been great with resolutions specially when the list is long. Secondly, I feel that 3 is my lucky number. So, I am hoping that lady luck will help me push through at least 3.

Firstly, this year I aim to learn and understand self-love. It might amaze many people to think that I am unaware of such a basic concept; but to be true with oodles of  things flowing on the internet the real meaning of self-love has lost its innocence and has made it very difficult to achieve it. So, 2023, will be my year to understand it’s basic concept and not the fancy one. Also, I need to distinguish carefully when I am being kind to myself and when I am making an excuse; a common problem I face while defining self-love for myself.

Secondly, I aim to be more present. The hustle bustle of life, the constant race of seeking validation online, the task of achieving perfection in everything and the fear of losing everything at a drop of the hat has made me a person craving for a better future rather than appreciating the beauty of the moment. So, this year I seek to be present in the moment to cherish it more rather than thinking of 1000’s of things to achieve or complete.

Last but not the least, this year I aim to be more productive than before. Now the problem with productivity is that it becomes a relative concept when you discuss it with your peers or look at people of same age achieving and doing better. So, in spite of using productivity as a relative concept I aim to just better myself each day. It might seem preachy at times but, to do that 1 extra task will definitely give me a boost of enthusiasms to achieve something more. Also, this resolution will help me develop a sense of betterment and mental peace.

To conclude, I will just say that 2023 might not be different from 2022 or I might just grow in age without any concrete different in my personality. But it has given me hope to improve on the mistakes I have done in the past. I am also penning down my resolutions so that I am accountable to the entire network. Also, this is a form of planning and a good one needs the comparisons at the end to make it a successful  one. I hope that this year the new year is actually a new better me.

 

Comments

  1. Amazingly written... I thank you for always writing such blogs that actually tells the true worth of certain things which aren't given heed to...keep it up💕👍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday My Dear Friend